The first full version of a proposed Open Source Hardware definition has been posted. Particularly interesting is this executive summary:
1. Documentation: Establish and facilitate the right to repair
2. Necessary Software: Operates using Free Open Source Software
3. Derived Works: The right to fork the project.
4. Free Redistribution: Pay for parts, not permissions. No restriction on the sale of parts.
5. Attribution: Give credit where it’s due.
6. No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups: Respect is earned.
7. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor: Make recommendations, not restrictions.
8. Distribution of License: Share Alike.
9. License Must Not Be Specific to a Product: The right to re-use.
10. License Must Not Restrict Other Hardware Or Software: Play well with others.
11. License Must Be Technology-Neutral: The right to modify.
Liking the way they think…